Sunday, July 27, 2014





 Cami with President Baker and Sister Baker on Thursday, July 24th, 2014


Cami meets her Sister Trainer, Sister Amber Garvin

I'm going to give President Baker a mulligan on knowing which one my daughter is because they got 14 missionaries in one day.  I don't know how anyone could possibly keep track of that many missionaries, let alone the entire mission full of missionaries.  To his credit, he does figure it out by the end of the note which gives me hope!

Dear Brother and Sister Carlson,

Sister Baker and I were delighted to welcome Sister Caldwell to the Virginia Chesapeake mission yesterday.  She arrived in good spirits and has been assigned to her first proselyting area.  She is assigned to labor in the Nags Head Ward of the Chesapeake, Virginia Stake, and her trainer is Sister Amber Garvin.  I have attached two photos of Sister Carlson: one with her trainer, and one with Sister Baker and me.

Sister Carlson’s address is:

1024 Colington Road S-2
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948

Thank you for sending us such a fine missionary,

President Baker

Virginia Chesapeake Mission
1115 Cherokee Road
Portsmouth, VA 23701
(Mission Home Address)

The really funny thing about this is that I've been following Sister Garvin's blog for a couple of months now.  I feel like I already know her!  Cami is her last missionary before she comes home. Her Mom manages her blog and she is amazing too.  She manages like 8 different blogs and one of them is on preparedness!  Talk about a tender mercy.  Crazy life's coincidences?  I don't think so.  She's in good hands!  If you'd like to follow and get to know Amber, her blog, it's at: sisteramberinvirginia.blogspot.com.

If you Google Map her location, you can see that she is on almost a jetty looking piece of island out in the Atlantic Ocean.  Who would do this but me, right?  I'll be watching the hurricane reports.  I looked at the street view, and it looks so pretty.  I can't wait to hear from her tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment