Sunday, July 20, 2014


Hi everyone!



I can't believe it's already P-day again?! What THEEEEE. Last p-day of the MTC too! That's even crazier....This week has been a great one! Every week on pday we are supposed to email our branch president and let them know how we are doing. Last week since I had only been here a few days, I didn't have much to say to him but I just told him how thankful I was to be blessed with such a great district and strength and comfort from my Father in Heaven. I really have felt so comforted!! I pretty much just told my Pres. that I was doing good and loving it. That was on Friday when I wrote him for pday and by Saturday we had taught like 4 or so lessons already and I noticed that I was struggling a little with teaching. My issue was that once I started talking about the gospel, I never stopped to ask the investigator anything about how they were feeling or ask them any questions and I would just go on and on and I could literally see the investigators eyes glaze over. It was more like me lecturing them rather than having a conversation with them and I just was not being myself. On Saturday we got permission to check our emails to see our branch presidents response to any questions or concerns that we might have had. It's so crazy because in my reply all he talked about was how to teach by the spirit and to just be myself rather than trying to be someone that I'm not and I hadn't even mentioned anything about it to him or that I was struggling with teaching. When I read his response I was just in awe. it was such a testament of how much God is in our lives. He blesses us with what we need most at that time and my branch president's advice on teaching was what I needed whether I knew it at that time or not. Teaching ever since then, has become one of my favorite things. I love to watch the Lord work in other people's lives. it has been incredible to not only see the change in myself, but to watch everyone in my district change into the missionaries and just people in general that God wants them to be. The MTC is just the coolest place and the spirit is so strong. Every day this week has been amazing...I think Tuesday was my favorite though! Me and Sister Fife started off the day with some service...I have to admit I was not the most excited person on earth for service but it ended up being the funnest thing...I don't know if it's because we had been cooped up in a class room constantly learning for the past few days or what but me and Sister Fife cleaned bathroom floors for our service and the floor was all wet and we were just dancing and singing and laughing our heads off! It was seriously so much fun! After service I got the beautiful little blue slip that tells me there is a package waiting for me at the post office! I was like...are you sure you have the right Sister Carlson?!?! Hahaha!!! My young womens leader Jenn Howell is just the sweetest person alive and sent me a box of sunshine and it really made my day and my Mom also stuck a present and a letter in there and it was just a great unexpected surprise! after getting my package we went to the field by the temple and played kickball with our zone and it was just a greeeeat time! Me and Sister Fife were the only sisters playing amongst all the super competitive Elders haha but it was just so fun and felt so good to be outside ...despite the 104 degree heat!! Thursday was in-field orientation which is where we just have class for like 8 hours on how to be prepared for the field. It was a long day but I'm so glad that they do that because I really learned a lot! Thursday night was probably the most spiritual experience I have had in my entire life. First of all, not only do I have the best district, but my teachers are just incredible. Soooooooo out of this world spiritual. Sister Merriman is one of those people that just carries the spirit with her and everything she says is so profound. She showed us a Mormon Message called "The Will of God" (everyone should def watch that) and now more than ever being in the MTC I have never been so touched by the Spirit of God. Even though I have only been out a week, I have seen such a change in myself and I am so grateful to be here. I think about how excited and blessed and happy I am every day. It's the best. I don't think I have ever been happier. Crazy to say this but next week I leave the MTC! we leave on the 23rd which is this coming Wednesday! So crazy. I never thought I would be that missionary that had to wake up for my flight at 3:30 in the morning but guess what I am :))))))) hahaha. Next pday I will be in Virginia, Woo Woo!!!! Wish me luck. Have a great week! Love you all!

The most love, Sister C :)



No comments:

Post a Comment