Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This week in Kempsville, Virginia...


Favorite sign of the week!


They caught a Firefly...


Made bread...


Got to stay out past their curfew, until 10:30 to watch 
4th of July Fireworks with the Hermana's!




Went to East Beach. SUPER NICE


Learned how to go crabbing...



Ya just tie a chicken wing on a string, and tie it to 
your leg and wade out and they come right up to it! 
We just did it in shallow water because we can't get in...


Happy Monday Y'all!

Last week for P-day we spent the day at the oceanfront with the Hermanas! It was super fun we just went and wandered around all the little beach shops. The rest of our week went really well! We have been given a lot of good opportunities to teach lately that we are super grateful for! It has just been so hot here. The humidity makes me feel like I am breathing through a wet cloth. But other than that.....ha, ha!!! I'm good!! 

The Fourth of July was fun, but so hard. Satan did not want us to do missionary work that day! Every plan we made just didn't work out...we started visiting members and even they were on their way our the door to do family stuff or go to the beach. Sometimes I forget that people have lives and families and they aren't just waiting for us to knock on their door and change their lives. 

My studies this week have been particularly amazing. One night I was saying my prayers, and ya know how sometimes when you are praying, the spirit just pops things into your head and you don't even really have to think about it? Well that happened and I had this really strong desire to just absolutely 100% know that God was listening to my prayers and that he was really there and that he really cared. Then next morning I woke up and started reading just my daily reading of the Book of Mormon and I "just so happened" to read 2 Nephi 32:8-9: "For if ye would hearken unto the spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. but behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always and not faint; that ye must not perform anything unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate they performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." So basically the spirit just rebuked me. I just sat there like wooooahhhhhh. Prayer is real. And so is God. and THEN I was reading "Defenders of the Family Proclamation" and it just sums up my life so I thought I would share it with ya. :)

"Each of us has a part to play in the plan, and each of us is equally valued in the eyes of the Lord. A loving Heavenly Father is aware of our righteous desires and will honor his promises to us that nothing will be withheld from those who keep their covenants. He has a plan, but He also has his own timetable. One of the hardest challenges in this life is to have faith to accept the Lord's timing. It's a good idea to have an alternative plan in mind, which helps us to be covenant keeping, charitable, righteous women, who build the kingdom of God no matter how our lives go."

With love, Sista C

No comments:

Post a Comment