Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year 2016!



Old Williamsburg Colonial Christmas Eve Drum and Fife Performance/Event


Christmas Eve Candle Ceremony at Williamsburg 



YALL. TODAY. IS MY LAST. P-DAY!

I remember my first P-day at the MTC. What an incredible, crazy, whirlwind of an 18 months it has been. 

Yesterday before church I had my exit interview with my mission president. We talked a lot about the spiritual truths the Lord has taught me about the gospel, about myself and all the Christ-like attributes He has helped me develop. Basically my goblet of gratitude is over flowing. 

I was asked to bear my testimony in sacrament yesterday. Something that before my mission, I NEVER did. I don't know why...I think felt I a little inadequate, like I didn't know how to put my feelings into words or that I didn't know enough. Now I realize, I think we all feel like that.  

There are things that I still don't comprehend about the gospel. I do know that the gospel works!! I know that Jesus is the Christ; the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I know that He loves me. He wants what's best for me. And he is going to be there every step of the way with me. I know He suffered for not only my mistakes and sins, but my sorrows, my trials, my pains and afflictions. I know that because He loves us He has made it possible for us to have his authority on the earth and that that all began in the spring of 1820 when a young boy had a question and had the courage to say a prayer and ask our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon through the Power of God and that the accounts in the Book of Mormon are all true. I know that God answers prayers. I know that He wants us to be successful and eternally happy and He has given us every resource we need in order to reach our full potential. I know that faith and repentance change lives and that we can become better every day! 

I am living proof of imperfection but someone strengthened, uplifted, and forgiven through the atonement. I testify that because of Jesus Christ, there are no real endings. I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the time I have had to dedicate my life to the One who gave his life for mine.

Signing off for the last time,

Sister Camille Amber Carlson



An image of a road combined with a quote by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: “Hope on. Journey on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment