Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Christmas Time!!!


       

 We wandered around the campus of CNU last week.  SURE a pretty campus! 



Exchanges with the Hermanas.  Sometimes members give us so much food, they can save it for leftovers!  These containers come in handy and we always have one in our purse, just in case!


 When retired less actives put this on their door when you were supposed to have a lesson with them.... :(


  Missionary Christmas Conference




President and Sister Baker



Sunrise on the Virginia Beach


We found a cute hide out spot! IT WAS FREEZING! but sooo pretty.


  A caroling we go...my fav!!!


Dear journal,

This week is Christmas. CHRISTMAS!!! 2015 is like over. Next week I go home from my mission. I'm going to be in STINKIN UTAH WITH MY STINKIN FAMILY. NEXT. STINKIN. WEEK.  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? So happy! 

These last few weeks of my mission have been loads of fun. The trio life is bueno. It's kind of weird to think about what it was like when I only had one companion to love and protect...now I get to have TWO! We are doin' work in the News! 

We set two of our investigators with a baptismal date for January 23rd. Then, the Dad of the two came to church and totally loved it. He wore a white shirt and everything. In Sunday school we were learning about Faith in Jesus Christ and the teacher asked him a question and he said that "Faith in Jesus Christ helps us change and do things that will make us a better person, and others will be able to see that change in us." Oh, hey, hi, future bishop! So cool. 

We went on exchanges with the Hermanas this last week and I accomplished one of my bucket list items called "eat at Abuelitas." Abuelita is this 86 year-old lady in the Spanish branch that feeds the missionaries every week. THE FOOD IS BOMB. It's like the thing to do when you serve in Newport News to go and just eat your weight in food...the portion sizes they give ya are like massive. So ya. Did that. Had to take like a 30 minute break after to pull ourselves together to go out and proselyte. Good times though. 

We have been caroling all the days. SO FUN!!! Seriously people like, cry. It's so cute. I've started doing this thing that returning missionaries are supposed do now.  It's called My Plan. It is a handbook to prepare missionaries for adjusting and their life after their mission. It's SWEET! I still don't feel like my mission is coming to an end. It's preeetttyyy surreal. My Plan walks the missionary nearing the end of the mission make...life goals and stuff. It also has you do things like sign up for Institute. HA, HA. So ya Wednesday nights...I'll be hittin' up the institute for "The Restored Gospel and World Religions" class. Yeah!  Anyone want to join me??? :) 

We had the Christmas conference this past week too. We watched the Muppets Christmas Carol....................................................................................that's a "one and done" movie. 

I'm exited to Skype my fambizzle this week. Haven't seen them in like...ever.

- XOXO, Sister C

No comments:

Post a Comment