Monday, August 11, 2014


SUP YA'LL.

Last week after emailing, us and the Hermanas went and tried some alligator...which actually just tasted like rubbery fried chicken. I can now check that off my bucket list :) after that we went to the most amazing place on earth called Duck Donuts...I don't know if I have already talked about these donuts in my emails before but if I have, then you will know just how good they are that I had to talk about them twice. The point in talking about this is not to point out how much weight I am probably gaining, but the fact that this place is super popular among locals and tourists and we like to go there because 1. great donuts and 2. there are so many people to talk to! The guy standing in line behind us just randomly started asking us who we were and what we do and all of this stuff and so we were just SOOO excited to tell him! Tender mercies all around! Haha it was so funny as we were leaving this older guy was holding the door open for us and I was wearing this shirt that has elephants all over it and I said "thanks for holding the door!" and he goes: "anything for a fellow republican!!" Hahahahahah I was like YES that is the best thing that has ever happened. So funny.
On Tuesday we had a deep clean of our house which was ever so fun--we still haven't brought ourselves to vacuum out the spiders and there homes in the windows...there's like all these spider sacks...I don't even know what its called but it is NAAAST. After deep clean we had dinner with the Bishop and his family and the Bishop came out contacting with us after dinner which was so great. We went and visited a less active family and watched the new Mormon message with them and it brought them to tears-so I would def recommend EVERYONE watch that. It's called the hope of Christ's light. We have been showing it to everyone haha! On Wednesday we had a conference call with President Baker and all of the missionaries that came out with me from the MTC so it was great to be able to hear all of their voices and how they are doing!! I miss them but I am glad we are all out spreadin the good word!! :)
Wednesday/Thursday we had exchanges with the Sister Training leaders...also on Thursday President and Sister Baker came and inspected our house. Every morning we have 30 minutes of exercise and on Saturday me and Sister Garvin ran to/up the Wright Brothers Memorial which is pretty much in our backyard and let me just say the view of the ocean from on top of that monument...I almost started crying. Which actually wouldn't be that unusual for me because I cry about everything haha but it was just so beautiful up there. The sun was just glistening on the water and it had rained the night before so the weather was perfect. It was one of those times where nothing else matters but the moment that you are in and I love those kinds of moments!
Sunday we had a great day-a less active that we have been working with came to church and we were so happy for her! The family that committed to baptism wasn't able to make it to church because they are out of town but we are planning to meet with them on Tuesday and continue to help them in their journey towards the waters of baptism :))))) Yesssssss! We had dinner with a member family on Sunday night and they gave us eggs from their very own chickens! Which....I think is way cool. Things are just so great and continue to get better every day.
This week we are hoping to find more people to teach. I am so grateful for all of you and for all of your love and support! I pray for each and every single one of you! I hope you have a great week! :)
"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely...Regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow or mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near unto Him so that he can draw near unto us."

Peace and Blessings!!!!
Love, Sister C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment