Monday, October 13, 2014

Hello everyone!

It has been a wild transitional week but things are going great here in Nags Head! On Monday my comp Sister Garvin headed home and is now safely (as far as i know) living a normal non-missionary life...SO WEIRD. But I love her and am so happy for her!!! Being in a trio with the Hermanas for a few days was probably one of the funniest things of my life! I loved it!!! We had a lesson with a less active sister and read the Book of Mormon and naturally...I rocked the Spanish Book of Mormon...;) It was so great! 

On Wednesday I went to the English class they teach at Spencer Yachts and we decided that us as English sisters need to come and be at the class too so we are going to start doing that each Wednesday because they have to have a 3rd female anyway in order to be in there with all the men who want to learn Spanish, and it's just super fun! It really was just so hilarious. Hispanics are great. So humble and willing to learn. 

On Thursday we drove to Portsmouth where Hermana Gray and I got our new comps Sister Bassett and Hermana Johnson! We are all loving living in the same house and being excited and dedicated to the work! It really is great. Sister Bassett is from Fresno California, has been out for almost 17 months, loves to run, and went to BYU before her mission. Before she came to Nags Head she was in Newport News. This is her last transfer. We are getting a long great and over past few days she has talked about how on her mission in each area after she leaves, the area explodes and there are all these baptisms and how most of her mission she is the one who has done the foundation work and hasn't really been there to see the fruits of her labors, and that is what we are also doing in Nags Head! There is a lot of planting seeds--but hey, if that's what it takes to build the kingdom then I am more than willing to do whatever I need to do! We are all working for the same cause and there is no failure, only feedback :) 

Missions are huge learning experiences- it's crazy how much I've learned in just a little over 3 months.  I am grateful for each experience! There really is no way to describe a mission until you experience it.  I know that it is something I will cherish forever. I am so grateful for this gospel and for all of the many many, many blessings that it can bring into each of our lives daily!!! 

The book is blue & the Gospel is true! (haha!) and GOD IS IN THE DETAILS. I've seen it first hand. 

I love all ya'll SOOOOOO incredibly much and hope everything is going great! have the best week ever!!!!!! 

Love, Sister C

No comments:

Post a Comment