Monday, October 27, 2014

Oct 27, 2014


Cami's favorite weekly treat!  This is the frozen yogurt place they go to every P-Day.  They love the good Christian people who run it and look up to them for closing their restaurant on Sundays to keep the Sabbath Day Holy despite that they are in a touristy location.


Sister Carlson & Sister Bassett putting Quarters in the ceiling of Surfin' Spoon. The owners are professional surfers and put quarters in the ceiling at surfin spoon. It's tradition there that they do where the wood shrinks during the winter and all the money falls out of the ceiling and then they donate it to surfers for autism


Cami & Sister Bassett on the Beach watching the sunrise


Awwwww! She loves us!


Seafood Festival...NUM!

Hiiii!
Wow. What a blessed week. I first have to start off my email by saying HAPPY ONE YEAR to my best buddies Elder Bryner! :) Never thought this day would come and now here it is haha! It has been a great week - Sister Bassett and I found 4 new investigators and couldn't be happier about it! It feels so good to have people to teach :) Last Monday we went and got some frozen yogurt from our favorite place called Surfin' Spoon (that has turned into a weekly event), the cool thing is that we all bought T-shirts and the owner took a picture of us and posted it on their Instagram page! We had dinner with the Bishop's family that night and they said "hey you guys made the Surfin' Spoon Instagram Page!" Ha,ha! So that was fun. You can find my face on there :)

On Wednesday we went to Spencer Yachts in Wanchese and had English class and it was probably my favorite class so far! The subject was about health and we taught them "Head, shoulders, knees and toes!" I took a video of them doing it which is pretty great. Ha,ha! I will try and send but it was seriously so funny! Everyone was laughing and trying to do it as fast as they could and we were all just dying!

On Thursday, a member of the ward had us over for dinner and it was so much fun because she taught us how to make soap! She is really into healthy natural living and so we made it all natural and used essential oils to make it smell good and put oatmeal and all this great stuff to exfoliate and it was so much fun! She invited us back for this week to come and can food with her so we are looking forward to that! :) I''m just learning all kinds of life skills on the Mish! Ha, ha.

On Friday i got a package from home that seriously made me so happy because my beloved sweet Mother sent some Coconut Banana Bread and it felt so good to eat something that my own mother had made in my sweet home in Utah! Haha. I'm a girl that way...but it was so sweet. Made me smile :) There were many highlights of the week, but I think the one that stands out the most was after a lesson me and Sister Bassett were driving home listening to the MoTabs (typical) and Come, Come Ye Saints came on and we were both just crying through the whole thing and at the end we look at each other and just start laughing. That song just gets to me every time! I always think about the pioneers and all the things that they went through and I am humbled immediately. It motivates me to be better and to forget about myself.

So far on my mission I have come to realize that I am happiest when I lose myself in the service of others. Loving others is so easy and I am so grateful for my opportunity to serve and to put the Lord first in my life, above everything else. It is quite the experience. I have so much love for this area and the people in it and feel just BLESSED. There is no better feeling than knowing you are being or doing something good for someone who is in need. I love ya'll so much and hope you have a blessed week!

Much Love, Sister Carlson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment