Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cami celebrates the New Year 
by leaving Nags Head!


The Sisters celebrating the New Year!


Cami and Hermana Gray Celebrating!




Cami says Good Bye to a few of her favorite people.  Hermana J. and Valdez


Boy, is Cami going to Miss Sister J!


Hermana Gray & J.



Cami with one of her favorite members in Nags Head and her daughter.


Favorite people!


The caption on this one was 'Saying good-bye to the House.' 

By all means, if you are going to get called on a mission, be sure the go to a 
beach house for 6 months with your own private outdoor shower, which they 
couldn't use! She's going to miss 'the house'!


Hello, all!
Well life is good! I am loving Poquoson and my new comp Sister Barfuss (Yes, you read right, all you Bakerites, I already checked to see if she was related to Kelly and Bruce and she's not. I thought we might have a common connection there, but nope!)  :) the past week has been pretty eventful so I will start from the beginning. 
On Monday, we dropped Hermana Valdez and Hermana Johnson off at the mission home.....that was sad. I miss them both a lot but I am excited for the great things that are instore for them at home in the good ol land of Utah :) 
On Tuesday Sister Endres from Nags Head took us out to lunch at Cafe Lachine for my last day and that was super fun! I am going to miss her and her family a lot! Also on Tuesday, I got a hair cut! Which I swore I wouldn't do on my mission because I trust few people with my hair but a member of the ward noticed my split ends and so I decided that it was time ha, ha. Luckily a different member had offered previously to pay for it so that we could have a missionary opportunity so I was like alright, what the heck! So I did it and I lived! :) I'm happy with it. She took off an inch...it needed it. It feels a lot better now :) and it gave the hairdresser lots of opportunities to ask us questions about what we do and who we are and why I hadn't gotten my hair cut in 6 months ha, ha! There are a lot of members that get their hair done by her so hopefully the missionaries that are there now take advantage of that opportunity to share more with her in the future! 
On wednesday...I left Nags Head. That was probably the weirdest thing ever! We had transfer meeting in Portsmouth and we sang "I'll go where you want me to go"...and naturally I started bawling because Nags Head became my home away from home. I filmed everything as we were driving out of Nags head with commentary of all the memories and experiences..Ha, ha that's a good video...but I am already loving my experience in Poquoson and all the people! I am looking forward to good times here as well! The ward mission leader and the ward missionaries and really the entire ward here are super loving and supportive and so helpful to us which makes the biggest difference in the world so I am grateful for that! We get fed every night of the week which has been awesome to be able to get to know the ward members and to be in their homes teaching them and their families lessons and trying to find investigators through them! I am loving it. 
I am the driver and after not driving for 6 months I am a little rusty but I am doing my best! Haha Sister Barfuss is probably like-who is this girl! Anyway....I am looking forward to lots of good things to come this week- we are working a lot with less actives and also trying to find new investigators so its going to be a great week and continuing to have a great start to 2015! 
One of my goals this year is to remember Christ all year as much as I did during Christmas and this morning during personal study I read this little thing called "giving is living" and it says:
"Go spread to the needy, sweet charity's bread,
For giving, is living" the angel said;
"O must I be giving again and again?"
My peevish and willful answer ran.
"Oh no"- said the angel and her eyes pierced me through-
"Just give till the Master stops giving to you"
I think so many times we think that we are doing all that we can do- when in reality there is so much more that we can do! Christ gives infinitely to us and I love that we have the opportunity to give to him as well. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the way it changes lives. This week I have reflected a lot about how much I have grown and changed into the person that Heavenly Father needs me to be and I am so grateful that I can continue to become that person each and every day as I lose myself in this work. Loves to all! Here's to the best week ever! :)
-Sister Carlson :)

Other notes from Sister Carlson:

I am getting a bike for free by the way from a sister in VA beach so we won't need to buy one! The zone leaders are supposed to bring it tomorrow. Hopefully it stops raining by the time we have to give the car to the elders and be on bikes. The members are really good about picking us up and giving us rides, so that is good :)

I don't see the water that much here anymore which is something I do miss about Nags Head! But the more time I spend here, the more I love it here too so I am grateful Heavenly
Father is helping me with that and helping me love each place i go and all the people! 

Pictures of Cami's new digs are promised for this next week. stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment