Monday, January 26, 2015

One lonely picture of Cami after a hard day's work in the mission field! 


Most weeks seem pretty low key at home in UT, with the usual of people getting engaged/married/having kids....and then there are weeks when your dads truck catches on fire next to your childhood home and people that you don't even know yet at church in Poquoson come up to you at church on Sunday and say "hey I heard about your family and the fire!" HAHAH UMMM WHAT!
(for the record, I had sent one good Sister a message and asked her to go find Cami and tell her in case she heard about it another way first, so this sister walked up on Cami hearing it from someone in the ward and she let her know first that everyone was OK before she showed her our scary pics!) Good times on the mish! Luckily I came home from church and we were doing personal study, and I just so happened to be reading Doctrine and Covenants section 100 that says: [1] "Verily, saith the Lord, [Sister Carlson] your family is well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power. [2] Therefore follow me, and listen to the counsel which I shall give unto you. [4] Therefore, I the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls...[15] Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly and to the sanctification of the church." Super grateful for the safety of my family and for the comfort of the scriptures to know that all is well and that they are taken care of because there is a work for me to do "in this place." There were some good times spent in that truck with my deedle...listening to Kenny Chesney and drinking Slurpee's on the way to dance seems to stand out in my mind. :) RIP!! Anyway other than that my week was pretty normal...as normal as missionary life gets! 

We had interviews with President Baker which is always so great. He is a good man. It's like 15 minutes of just revelation and happiness. We had some good lessons....still looking for investigators so if you know of any...HMU!! 

Pretty crazy that this is the last week of January! Today we are supposed to get one inch of snow in Poquoson....except its like sunny and warm out soooo.. probly not. This past week I have been thinking a lot about my testimony. I was reading my patriarchal blessing and it says that I have been given a gift which will be made known to me more fully as I go throughout my life, but that I have been given a testimony and how important it is for me to share that testimony with others not only in the way I live but verbally to those around me. Sometimes as a missionary I start to wonder how strong my testimony really is... because my testimony and beliefs are questioned so often by others, but I was quickly reminded of the mercies, love, comfort, divine truth, happiness and safety that comes from living and embracing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was reading in this month's New Era and found something that was just perfect that says: "If you choose to keep believing, even for another day, it will be enough to keep you going until your testimony is stronger. Gaining and maintaining a testimony is a lifelong process that requires faith, scripture study, and putting gospel principles into practice. Keep working on it, be patient, and rely on what you know to be true." I loved that. It was a good reminder that its going to be a loooonnnng while until I have a perfect knowledge of things, but to just keep believing and keep trying. My favorite quote is by Elder Holland and always helps me to keep moving..."Dont you quit, you keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Trust God and believe in good things to come. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." :) Love you all!

-Sister Carlson


Oh wait! This, just in!  BONUS!!! Sister Brimhall sent this picture just now of Cami and Sister Barfuss.  
She had them over for dinner TONIGHT!  I just LOVE social media, it's almost like being there!  Cami LOVES this area because they get to eat with members every night and she says it's so much more fun to eat with members each night than sitting in their apartment staring at each other. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment