Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015


Cami's Zone


Sister Carlson and Hermana Camps (Poquoson Elders Photo Bombing!)





Sister Jones and Sister Perrow-Cutest ladies in the ward!



District picture at the Brimhall's last night.  They are some of Cami's favorite people.  They were all there making posters for a Stake Luau they have coming up.


Cami with Sister Rawlinson


These are the girls at church anxiously anticipating their Skype's with their families for Mother's Day.  A member sent this to me while I was in church with a note that said T minus 4 hours and counting!


Cami and her shopping buddy-Sister Taryn Fairchild


If you can't see the labels on these Yankee Candles, they say Turkey and Stuffing and On Tap.  So one smells like Thanksgiving Dinner and the other smells like Beer! I wonder if these are big sellers? Might be good for a White Elephant Gift, I guess...???


This is the gals shopping TODAY in Williamsburg, Virginia.  
Looks like a cute little touristy town!


Cami and Sister Cutler who just returned from her mission


Happy Monday y'all.
It has been a week of highs and lows in the mission field! 
On Monday we spent all day with Sister Fairchild shopping- a good day full of Trader Joes, TJ Maxx, and Ulta. *Happy sister carlson* :)))))))))))))))))))) 
Tuesday we found out that the Relief Society's son took his life. That has been really hard on the ward and his family...and even us. We didn't really know him but our hearts go out to him and his family. We just kept thinking about it everyday. The funeral was on Saturday and there were SO many people there! It was amazing to see the support and the spirit was so strong! It is obvious that the Relief Society President and her family truly believes that families are forever and that they will see him again. There were heart broken- but calm at the same time knowing that everything would be made right! I am touched by their example. We spent the rest of the week with less actives and investigators- we had some good lessons and things are going so well here- 
On Saturday the Mission President called me and told me I am being transferred though! I am going to shotgun (open) Kempsville in Virginia beach. I am sad to leave this area! But at the same time I am looking forward to all the good things in store! The last time I left an area, I was convinced that I could not love the next area/people as much as my last area.....and I love the people here and this area so much- if not more than my last! I am just so amazed by my capacity to love as a missionary. It is so fulfilling. 
It was interesting/funny after I got my transfer call on Saturday, we taught the plan of salvation that night to an investigator and I was teaching the part about the Fall of Adam and Eve and I all the sudden had this revelatory moment- Adam and Eve, had to leave the happy and peaceful Garden of Eden in order to learn and progress in this life. It was all part of God's plan. If they would have stayed there forever, they would have never had the opportunity to become like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. As cheesy as it sounds, I kind of feel like this area is kind of my own Garden of Eden. Things are going so well here, the work is busy, the ward is INCREDIBLE, I love my companion, and things are SO great. But sometimes, we have to leave our comfort zone in order to become better. and I really feel that way about getting transferred- if I were to stay here, I would enjoy it, but I wouldn't progress. Heavenly Father knows that. He knows what all of us need. He has a plan for all of us. And its rarely easy. But it is always worth it! 
Yesterday of course was Mothers Day so I got to see my beautiful mother and family! SOOO HAPPY. Ah. I just wanted to talk to them forever. I am so grateful for families. This morning I was reading L. Tom Perry's talk from Gen. Conf. about marriage and family. He talks about how he, Pres. Eyring and Elder Gerald Causse traveled to Vatican City and attended this thing with all these people from around the world, with different religions and beliefs and how everyone agreed on marriage and family. It got me thinking about how family relationships are important to everyone, no matter who you are. It is human nature-it is something that we all need. It feels good and familiar to us because we all lived together as brothers and sisters and family before we came to earth. It rings a bell because we have known and felt it in the pre-mortal existence. The gospel is the beeeeeeeeesssssssssst. If you don't hear from me next week its because I knocked so many doors that my hands fell off. and I don't know how to type with my toes. Have the best week ever!!!! :)
XOXOXOXO, Sista C









No comments:

Post a Comment