Monday, September 8, 2014


Hi everyone!

Things are movin' right along here in NC. :) LOVIN IT. It's currently pouring rain with a chance of....continuing to rain--non-stop for the rest of the week, but it is ALL GOOD. Good thing I am lost in the work and don't care about what my hair looks like.. :)) Haha now we know why it's so green beautiful here! This week has been a little slow as far as lessons-we had 12 and had goals for a little more but most times things don't go according to our plan, but Heavenly Fathers immaculate plan :) -  it was more of a "Sister Carlson's spiritual progression week" than a ton of lessons and baptisms week, which may sound selfish but sometimes the Lord makes it that way because there are things we need to learn and ways we need to grow before we can help others do so. We are all the Lords investigators :) and we can't convert others beyond our own conversion! I have always had a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, but this week I have reeeeally gained a testimony of absolute truth, without a doubt, of how much I (and all of us) need the gospel in my life. I started the Book of Mormon from the beginning when I got into the field and have been truly seeking to understand and study it more and I have experienced miracles! I pray every time before I read that I will be able to understand the things that I am reading and be able to apply it in my life and it has brought so many blessings into my life that I can't even explain! Me and Sister Garvin have had some experiences this past week with individuals who lack the faith and testimony they need to live their religion without approval of others and we were talking in companion study yesterday about 2 Nephi 4 16-25- Nephis Psalm -and it really just hit me how I am absolutely nothing without my belief in Jesus Christ. Earlier this week I read the talk "Come Join With Us" by President Uchtdorf where the quote: "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" comes from. It seriously is probably one of my new favorite talks and just sums up so perfectly how we need to live as members of the gospel as we live our faith every day. there are things all around us to learn and ways we can grow to become more like our savior and SOOO many blessings in store if only we have the faith to open our eyes and see them :) it is expedient (hhahahaha) that we live the way we know is right regardless of what others think or say about it! and if anyone is wondering how missionary like I currently am-  I just used the word "expedient" in my email home. WOOOOOW. don't judge. HAHA "it must needs be" that you don't judge me! ;))) anywho I hope everyone has a great week and remembers to....DOUBT YOUR DOUBTS BEFORE YOU DOUBT YOUR FAITH!! :) XOXOXO!!!!
-Sistaaa C
 Cami & Sister Hermana Hayward.  She got transferred this last week to 
Elizabeth City. :( Cami loved her.  They are drinking 'Cheerwine' which is a 
Southern version of home made Dr. Pepper.  She says it's amazing.   
Cami Loves letters in the mail!  Her address is:  
Sister Cami Carlson 
1024 Colington R. S-2 
Kill Devil Hills, N.C. 27948.  
Drop her a line, if you get a minute!
 Cami and Sister Garvin
This is a trailer that is closed during the week and on the weekend, it turns 
in to a street taco stand.  The nice people feed the missionaries free!

No comments:

Post a Comment