Monday, December 22, 2014

 Merry Christmas!



Cami and sister Hoffman with a fruit basket she made them.


This is a cute quote that Cami found at Sister Jacobsen's House.




 This is Cami learning to Weave at Endless Possibilities.  
This is the place she talks about in her letter below.



One of the Elders in my district's Mom made us all these Christmas hats!! :) 


This is their tree.  Simple and Cute!


One of the Spencer's Yachts.  
They own the company of the house Cami will be skyping from on Christmas Day.


In contrast, this is where James is in South Africa.  
This is their cute church. It's been 112 there this week.
    

I had to include this one, for anyone who wonders what James is up to.  
Apparently he is playing with Tigers! Yikes!

Merry Christmas!

I hope it is merry and bright wherever you are :) 

This past week has been a good one. Last Monday we went caroling with the bishop and his family and I think that is the first time that I can remember that I have ever been caroling and I seriously loved it! It was so funny to see people's expressions change from "who are these people standing on my porch in the dark?!" to "Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for thinking of me!" The Christmas season truly touches hearts and changes people..and that's exactly what Jesus Christ can do for us all year long if we allow him to :) There was one lady in particular that seriously was the cutest thing ever- after we got done caroling she just stood there for a second and then she choked up and said "you made my Christmas!"....which obviously made my Christmas :) 

On Tuesday, me and my comp went to this really cool place in downtown Manteo called Endless Possibilities. This place works with a Thrift Store here called hotline and endless possibilities takes the clothes that don't get sold and cuts them up into little strips of fabric and then they use the fabric to to weave rugs and bags and tons of other stuff and i got to learn how to do that which was super cool! 

On Friday we had a Christmas Conference in Chesapeake and we watched the Polar Express..and if we're 100% being honest it was a little weird to just sit down and watch a movie. The whole time I was just relating it to the gospel haha..so that's my awkward missionary life. 

Feliz Navidad!!!!!!

Xoxo, 

Sister Carlson














No comments:

Post a Comment