Monday, June 8, 2015

Cami in Kempsville!


Some AWESOME ward members made sure Cami got the Carlson 
family traditional Cake 'in' milk for her birthday so she felt right at home! 
I'm sure they think we are weird!  Cami loved it! Thanks Brimhalls!




Another sweet member gave them an entire Key Lime Pie for her birthday! Yum!


This is the car Cami wants when she gets home from her mission.  She is her father's daughter.  I asked her if she was OK with no power steering, no A/C and a manual transmission and she said she was fine with all of that.   She knows how to get to her dad!  I think he's tempted...but then he'd never want her to drive it!!! Small problem!


Apparently, it is raining quite a bit there because their apartment flooded.  
They had to tear up all of their carpet and put fans under it and wait for it to dry, 
which is what you see in the background.  



Cute Sister Missionaries!



Silly Sister Missionaries!




After a long day of tracting...look closely in Cami's hair!  It's an eyeball!!!  Ew...



I just had to think loooooooooooong and hard about the date. Awkward. 

Happy second week of June! things are awesome here! Last week was my super great 20th birthday-Sister Fairchild from my last area came and visited which made me so happy! Her and my mom got talking and worked out a way to buy me a bunch of delicious groceries from Trader Joe's--which made me so excited! You know you're officially an adult when you get excited about practical gifts. In the package my family sent there was lots of good stuff like a tide to go pen, tooth brush...almond butter....a bleach pen....some protein bars....and I was totally stoked about it! Sister Fairchild took me and sister Thornton to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  I loved to be able to catch up with her. When my bday was over, I never wanted to eat again. My tummy was on overload. So much foods. 

The rest of the week was pretty much another week in the life..we had some great lessons-- and we have an investigator who is going to be baptized on June 20th so we are really excited about that! 

On Saturday....we helped clean the church in the morning, and then helped with the food order after that for the stake which was super fun! I had never done that before but I loved it! Some other missionaries that I have served with in past areas were there helping too so it was fun! 

In this stake, the stake president has asked that each companionship does 45 minutes of door to door tracting each day and it has definitely been an interesting/humbling experience and a huge opportunity for me to increase my faith! I have never been a fan of tracting...mostly because i feel like if two people showed up on my door, I can't say I would be all that receptive...but we have met a lot of really awesome people! Lots of good southern hospitality! 

On Saturday night we knocked into this guy who was super nice, but he was definitely 100% opposed to our beliefs. We talked to him for a little while, gave him a restoration DVD, respectfully and mutually agreed to disagree, then decided that that was one of the most faith testing experiences of both mine and Sister Thornton's missions. We really came to understand what we believe that night. :) 

Yesterday I fasted for strength and told Heavenly Father that I needed an over-all feeling of needing to know that what I am doing is right and that the gospel is completely and totally true, and the spirit confirmed to me that the feelings of confusion and discomfort come from the adversary, and feelings of happiness and peace come from the spirit. Ever since our experience with that guy, I have a renewed love for the gospel. I am GRATEFUL for that growing experience to become a little better. I love when I get to witness others change because of the gospel, but when I see it within myself--it is something that I can't even describe. I love the gospel. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. I love the blessed and wonderful inspired prophets-modern and old. Thank goodness for this good news :)


XOXO, Sista C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment