Tuesday, June 23, 2015

It's almost the 4th of July!!!



A Baptism calls for an early celebration! 


Filling the font!  A missionaries favorite thing!


 The District.  
Elder Pugsley in the front left is the District leader who is leaving on 
Sunday and Elder Hansel, is coming to replace him.  
Cami served with them both in Poquoson.  


Sister Thornson & Sister Carlson with Anne
(On Saturday from a member who attended the baptism so kindly sent me a picture of them and said that both sisters bore their testimonies at the baptism and how beautiful it was and what a good job they both did.--Thanks Sister Brimhall!!)

Happy first week of the transfer! 

This week has been sooooo amazing. Anne got baptized! And I just found out from a member in my last ward that some of my investigators from Poquoson just got married on Saturday and they are getting baptized this Saturday!!!! MILAGROS!!!!!! [miracles] I am so happy. AHHHHHH. Only a scripture that I read this morning can adequately describe my feelings: [2 nephi 5: 27] "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." :) I have heard from a lot of missionaries that you don't really notice a change come over your nature until you have been out for about a year and it is so true! I think this past transfer more than ever, I have really noticed my weaknesses and downfalls more than anything else and how much improving I have to do! I have really come to understand that I am far from perfect. and sometimes that can get discouraging..but I have really come to see myself as I really am, and gain a vision of who I want to become. I was thinking a lot about this kind of stuff yesterday during personal study...and then Heavenly Father blessed me with these scriptures: :) [2 Nephi 4: 16-20] obviously I'm reading 2 Nephi...

"Behold my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which i have seen and heard. 

Nevertheless notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that i am! Yea my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.

I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me. 

And when i desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. 

My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.

There are times when you just feel like you fail at everything. but these scriptures helped me understand that I can't succeed unless I trust in God and allow him to lead me through my afflictions. :)


XOXO, Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment