Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cafe Rio!!!!


It's true!  We sent them Cafe Rio! 
The funny part about this is that Cami sent home a hand written letter last Monday saying she was would trade Southern Cooking for some Cafe Rio and that they were happy because there was one going in, in Newport News.  They are building one there and there is a sign up and everything.  She had no idea Taryn Fairchild was on her way with their own Cafe Rio for them.  She sealed up her letter and then on the sealed envelope, it said, we just got our Cafe Rio! They must have gotten it just before they went to the mailbox!


  It looks like they liked it! 


 This is some sort of cabbage that they make there that Cami says is super delicious.  
She is going to get the recipe and make it for us when she gets home.  
Stay tuned for that!


Sister Harrison has a torn Meniscus.  
This is them at the Orthepedic Dr.'s office.  


Favorite Saying


Sisters on exchanges.





Ha, ha! Amen!


Aug 31, 2015 on the Beach watching the Sunrise.  
This is what Sister Missionaries do for fun on their P-Day.  
They STILL get up early! :) 



Cami sure enjoys the beautiful that surrounds them in Virginia...


This week yall....I don't even know! EXCHANGES FOR DAYS. I went on exchanges to the Spanish area....I've never felt like such a white blonde girl in my entire life. Doctor appts. for days. Lessons for days. Baptismal dates for days--we have 5 with a date right now. Tired for days. Happy for days.

I found this when I was reading the Book a Mormon this morning:

"If ye should serve him with your whole souls, ye would be unprofitable servants..."

#devotionToGOD...today I am feeling just pretty grateful. Its the last day of August and I have to say this summer has been the refiners fire. I have experienced change and growth more than ever. I have been blessed with the courage to serve him with my whole soul and follow his plan for me. Hardest thing I've ever done. I still have worries and trials but its liberating to just let go and trust God. To just let the Atonement have my back after all I can do. 
This morning we went and watched the sunrise on the beach and I just sat there quietly counting my blessings. I thought about a quote my trainer sent me a couple months ago...

"Life has a way of testing our anchors and tempting us to drift. Nevertheless, if our anchors are placed correctly in the rock of our Redeemer, they will hold no matter the force of the wind, the strength of the tide, or the height of the waves." -President Utchdorf

Word. 

Have a blessed week y'all!

-Sister Carlson


No comments:

Post a Comment